Monday, July 22, 2013

We Have No Clue What To Title This...

13,                

               Love makes you value yourself. You value the opinion of others naturally, and when one person takes the time to say how wonderful you are or describe why they like holding your hand so much, you start to open that dirty window that overlooks the backyard. You choose to sit down at the edge of it and value the view, see what you’ve grown over the years in that hidden garden behind your house. Let me set a picture for you. You have built a house that everyone on the street sees. It’s a perspective you’re comfortable with them seeing. Then, someone comes along that you allow inside by some crazy notion. They see the rusting sinks and frayed rugs on the floor, among the chandeliers you tried so hard to hang and the dustless countertops you religiously wiped. Even with those flaws among the sparkle, they consider the whole house a home they could live with. You come to find out any home is an imperfect comfort. Society is who gives the impression that a house has to be pristine and swiped with clean fashion. That is such a lie. When you find someone to share homes with, they also have those rotting walls or barely shackled roofs. Those things fade to background though when we discover people’s gardens. The multiple plants of kindness, grace, and humor are sweetly spread and outcast the structure rested beside it. Love makes one look at the beauty past the walls. It gives an opportunity for anyone’s dirty window to be used and you to enjoy lilies from their window, or vice versa. In one instance, they might point out your window some flowers you never saw before, and maybe it’ll be your first time looking, having been so distracted reroofing and painting the house for guests. So, love makes you value yourself, and you come to enjoy what you didn’t know about yourself. I hope everyone of you experience that joy, even if you cough a little on the dust, because it’s worth holding hands with a partner and looking at what you’ve become. And the only thing better than that is giving the same service in return; holding them while pointing out their own beauty.

                Big lesson, choose someone who makes you a better person, and highlights your beauty. Choose a dude who could poop at your cool (I can’t stop laughing help it’s not even that funny). No I’m not high. This has very high importance though. READ IT AGAIN. Choose a guy who puts you on a pedestal. No, that doesn’t mean they have to be stalking you. It means they think about you just as much as you think about Gosling’s bum (insert Scarlet Johannsen if you’re a guy). Whether you think you’re made of Adam’s ribs or blown up stars, you are worth meaning the world to someone. Don’t settle with someone’s who’s “into” you. Settle with a human being who can see your intricacy and still want morning breath kisses from you (eww or aww; I can’t decide). I could say so much more on this subject, but I think I covered the basics. Go out into the world, ready to be real with yourself and open to good people. Don’t get scared to reveal your flaws, because the other person is just as scared that you’re too perfect for them.


   - 13



23,

             I’d just like to take this moment to clarify that I’m writing this while sprawled out on my bed, spacing out at the television in ten minute intervals, and slowly cursing my laptop, being that it’s old, slow, and I’ll type a whole sentence before it transfers to the actual document. Now that July is almost over, I’m re-entering that state of mind where any aspect of my personal life is my business only. After all, I am entitled to my privacy. So, just assume that any lesson that I throw out on this blog has nothing to do with my personal life, but rather, it hit me as a random epiphany in the middle of the night- speaking of which, I have experienced none in the past weeks. I did at one point, after listening to friend after friend complain about their “relationships” or past “relationships,” that I thought to myself, “You know, after a given amount of time, if you’re still complaining about someone, then they aren’t the problem, but you are.” I only thought this because, so help me, if I have to hear one more “poor me, pity me” story about how some hormonal, delusional, indecisive, moody teenage girl didn’t find her “happy ending” with “the man of her dreams” in high school, I will literally murder my social life. And as if I have good advice for that kind of thing. I’m happier than a sunflower in Kansas. Nothing is wrong right now.
                I guess, since I just got a head start, I can rant about dating fantasies? Maybe? I should have worked on this earlier…
                You know what bothers me more than the girls who go around complaining about every failure in their love lives? I just can’t stand that real cutesy, romantic stuff…where the guy is always buying flowers, and chocolate, and crap like that. It just never comes off as a real relationship. It rubs off on me as if it’s all some kind of show…especially in high school. Seriously, if any guy ever uses any kind of cheesy, romantic crap with me, I will leave his ass faster than a meal from Taco Bell. Girls our age are always looking to make a spectacle; in one way or another. I guess, in a way, 13 and I have too. We started this blog. I doubt a bunch of people from school read it, but it’s fun to think that people do. And 13 and I aren’t like super popular or anything. In a way, we’re both kind of rejects; Me more so. I never really felt like I was another piece of the puzzle anywhere. Then, after so many years of having maybe two friends total, I find this person; just one person, and all of the sudden, I feel as if I found my place. I’ve done enough research for this blog, and through past, horrific experience, to learn that when someone likes you, they look past every fault. It’s like an invisibility cloak for your personality…until they learn that you are an avid snorter when you laugh. When you find someone who finds your snorting a plus in the personality column, I guess it’s a really good thing.

                I’m not sure what you’d call this post, but at least I wrote something. Until next weekend!
                                -23

No comments:

Post a Comment

please appreciate our efforts to keep this blog clean and appropriate to the extent to two high schoolers can make it, considering the subject :)