Sunday, June 30, 2013

Fringe


             Initially, if you readers have yet to grasp the concept of a fringe relationship, it is the exact same thing as making reservation at a restaurant. There’s a specific table with your name all over it. However, if you change your mind, you have the option of canceling the reservation and handing that now empty table to a deserving couple, family, lonely person, etc. You like what the menu has to offer minus a few items, but for the most part, everything you enjoy is there. But if you wake up on the day of your reservation and find yourself craving something that isn’t on that menu, you can cancel those reservations and hit the road.

                One day I’ll stop talking in metaphors. Wanna hear about my life? Well, here ya go:

                I’ve met a kind person. They treat me well. Their family likes me. I enjoy being their friend. They’ve completely fallen for my charm (or lack thereof).The only problem is that I haven’t quite made up my mind…at all. In the six months I’ve known this person, I can’t manage to see anything past what is at the moment. Sure the whole ‘I’m dating someone’ would get that other kid that asked me out, off my ass, but that’s not exactly the ethical thing to do (though I suppose running over a stoner’s foot because they hit on me was ethical…). And also, I’ve been itching to hit the road. When you think of someone and the first word that crosses your mind is “run” then maybe you should listen? Thing is, I’ve dug myself too deep into this whole to climb out with ease. Hell, he managed to text me to see how my flight home was yesterday. It’s was like 10:00 at night. Who does that?

                Typically when you meet people you end up kind of dating (I don’t like to call it quite ‘dating.’ But that’s just because using that word scares me), you fall for them fairly hard, right? So why am I overwhelmed with the feeling of complete dread and hesitation? I’m either turning back into my nervous self, or this is indicative of some greater thing.  On the other hand, I don’t want to break the heart of one of the few people I’ve ever met that treats me like an actual human being and doesn’t act like some immature jackass and uses sappy, stupid, “romantic” pick up’s like that other kid. I can be my weird, occasionally harsh, real, person. I’m not being treated like someone’s pet dog.  Also, I don’t quite feel like the person who would have the girlfriend title in high school. I just can’t see it. It’s not that I feel like I’d make a crap girlfriend. Me and 13, we don’t mess around. We won’t tie a guy up just to let him down. And I have keen feeling that neither of us wish to be tied down in an unequal relationship either.

                THIS JUST OCCURRED TO ME BECAUSE I READ OUR BLOG BLURB UP TOP: Both, on an evening over Skype, decided that they are to experience a dating relationship (with those they like) by graduation. Between now (day 884) and day zero (graduation day),”

                        WE MADE THIS A CHALLENGE FOR OURSELVES. I THINK WE HAVE LIKE 340 DAYS LEFT. And I honestly don’t think going out on dates counted in our terms and conditions. I think we said we actually had to be in a committed relationship. I CAN’T EVEN RIGHT NOW.

Anyways, I’ve determined just one for sure thing from my, like my writing accomplice, previous three dates:

                I’m screwed.
                                    -23
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

please appreciate our efforts to keep this blog clean and appropriate to the extent to two high schoolers can make it, considering the subject :)