Saturday, February 25, 2012

Love Me, Just Leave Me Alone

           Well, we always like to start off with something funny, so you can chew on this: (A lovely 23 story- stoires of crappy things that only seem to happen to 23) 13 and I were having girl talk in my car during the tutorial period on Thursday when this kid who is stalking me (new stalker; not the other one in color guard) comes over with his friends to hang out by their truck. Unfortunately, their truck is parked right next to my CR-V. He notices me and begins waving like a wild man and calling my name (yes, I could hear him from inside my car- even with the radio on LOUD). So I locked my doors and pulled the parking break off (for the radio to play you have to have the car’s engine running so that took care of that). I took about ten more seconds of his calling me before (unexpectedly- and at this point, poor 13) laid my foot on the gas and tore out of the parking spot. I found a new spot behind a larger SUV that I could hide behind. It was, by far, the biggest adrenaline rush I had gotten since last year’s research trip. Me and 13 just laughed and laughed at the look on the guys face when we tore out- fricking hilarious.

                This is what has been on my mind for quite some time now- What happened to the original concept of asking someone out? Where did the days go when they guy pulled you aside to tell you that he liked you and that he would love to go out to dinner with you or go get coffee with you sometime? When did it happen where the girls are supposed to ask the guys out (this isn’t pertaining to Tolo)?  When did being asked out become considered the shallow, cold hearted and ever so fake, “I don’t know your personality at all, but I love you because you’re attractive?” You know what that says to me? It says “I don’t want to take time to get to know you to see if you’re what I’m looking for. I just want you as my arm decoration and to use you for sex in the future. I also want the benefits of looking at your face and ‘admiring’ your body.” It’s always implied, but when you figure it out it is SO demeaning. What has happened in the world? Some girls might like these kinds of “cat calls,” but there are a handful of us who don’t. This handful happens to find these kinds of things creepy and threatening to they’re personal safety- at least I do. Especially when they say that they’ll grope you to make you fall in love with them. Druggies and guys who go on alcohol binges every weekend just don’t understand anything outside of terms of getting high (because they’re usually always high)- But then again, most teenage guys don’t. I think I’ve finally figured out why 13 and I are still single. We’re two teenage girls looking for a teenage relationship with a great guy that doesn’t love us because he wants sex in the future, but because he loves us genuinely for us. We’re looking for an adult type (not in the sex way) relationship where the guy asks the girl out to dinner (though, I have this weird anxiety about eating infront of other people) and amazing stuff like that (Oh, what I would give for my life to be set back in the 80’s). So why do we continue to bother with love? Life and love are nothing without hope or purpose. Seriously- think about it. Where would we be without hope? Exactly! Nowhere- We shall keep on hoping and trucking through life’s little adventures (good and bad) to hopefully find something great at the end of the road. So us two girls shall keep our bars raised high and settle for nothing less than everything. I have a feeling that in the end we'll be glad that we did



No comments:

Post a Comment

please appreciate our efforts to keep this blog clean and appropriate to the extent to two high schoolers can make it, considering the subject :)