Monday, September 16, 2013

Girls Will Be Girls (But That Doesn't Make Them Any Less Annoying)

  Evening ladies! Today 13 is going “el solo” :) 23 is drowning in higher class homework (the smart cookie). So, she will not be joining us sadly. Although, that leaves me a lot more room to talk about something I’ve been dying to tell you all. There’s this movie....



....and it’s FAN.TASMIC. I definitely recommend this movie if you’re a fan of coming of age stories and want a good laugh at young fears. It regales the confusion and excitement of being introduced to boys and puberty. Trust me when I say I was choking on my tea Saturday night at 12am because it reminded me so much of my own teenage hood!
"I already feel fed up with boys and I haven't had anything to do with them yet!"
        This movie opened my mind to thinking about how far I have come. I was thoroughly convinced to be more thankful for where I am today (oh the horrors of Sophmore year) and to give a little grace towards the younger girls who are now in my place. They look so stupid and young as I look at them now, in an aged perspective. It’s as if the wider the berth of my hips grow, the less tolerant I am of my younger kind! Not only have I got senioritus for school, but, for the people in it. It’s mainly focused on these face-painted, doe-eyed lovelies who can’t stop to say please. Pondering, quite cringingly, all the shenanigans I partook as an asset less stick of a girl though, I should really be kinder to them. I was like that once; raging pheromones and all! It was like getting a dose of medicine with a sweet taste of laughter to ease such down.

        I am definitely putting this movie in the “I gotta get over this crush it’s killing me” survival kit too because (spoilers) if a 14 year old can do it, so can 18 year old me *tough face*. I’ll probably watch it again about 3 more times before I ever get tired of their British accents. It was quite frankly hilarious to me, or that may just be my own delirious memory from last night. Either way, it’s one to check out ladies and gents ;)

        Moving on to real life, I just want to leave you with a tidbit of hoW MESSED UP MY HORMONES ARE RIGHT NOW. So I was waiting on my grandma to come back with Starbucks coffee in the car. I had the radio on and I was really starting to realize how old I was, with my 18th birthday coming up in 3 weeks. All of a sudden, this sad music came on. Side note, let me tell you how much of a sucker I am for sad piano anything. Anyways, the eyes started misting like my car windows and I wiped a tear away and realized....this isn’t just some sad music...*leans ear* This is a prostate exam commercial!! I WAS CRYING OVER MY AGE WHILE 105.3 WAS TRYING TO WARN ME OF BUTT DANGERS. WHAT THE WAFFLES. I am very confused how I was able to block the beginning words of that commercial to fit in my emotional fit. I guess I have a really good sense of separation and focus?????? It is downright one of those experiences I will privately remember forever and both cringe and laugh at.

Not knowing how to whimsically end this without sounding dorky, your solo writer, 13


No comments:

Post a Comment

please appreciate our efforts to keep this blog clean and appropriate to the extent to two high schoolers can make it, considering the subject :)