Sunday, August 18, 2013

Maybe Talking Shouldn't Exist...

               
23,

          So I have a friend…and she just got her first phone…and she likes to ask questions about Montana (I’m changing the name again). So, two days in a row now, I have been asked and grilled about who this person is. I’m very big on personal privacy, so no names mentioned, but she guessed it right. I didn’t want to create a fuss or subject my human to any unwanted attention. I didn’t give anything I away, I just kept telling her that certain aspects of my personal life are none of her business. My point is, there is a certain point in any relationship that people will begin to speculate and put the pieces together. You cannot escape it. Personally, it may be because I’ve spent the majority of this week with Montana. Though, for our social lives sake, we don’t mention any time we spend together, I guess everyone can just kind of tell that we have a stronger connection than with the rest of the group. I know for a fact that people are starting to realize that something is up. I’m not ashamed of having Montana with me or anything at all…in fact, it brings me an overwhelming amount of joy. I just like to keep these deeper aspects of my life to myself. You guys, there is nothing that should be valued more in a relationship than personal space, whether it by physical of social. It’s just the respectful thing to do. Like, if the person is not talking to you about the subject, then do not ask them about it because they are clearly not comfortable talking about it with you. I don’t care who you heard it from, I don’t care if you just sensed it or some kind of crap like that, but if they don’t tell you, don’t ask them about it. I don’t care if it’s driving you absolutely out of your mind…and if it is, I’m sorry to say, but you need a life outside of focusing on someone else’s…don’t ask about it. In this case, yes I am addressing a problem I am currently experiencing.

                Here’s something else…this should be typical girl code: when you have a friend in the fringe phase, or any phase at all, do not act like you absolutely know what you are doing if you’ve had other relationships. If your advice is wanted, it will be asked for. Also, do not try and taint a friend’s relationship. Do not air hump in front of them when they are eating together (yes, again I am speaking from personal experience). It puts both people in an awkward position, and you come off as a rude, jack ass…which, if you do do that to a well-rounded, beautiful relationship, then you are a rude jackass. (Yes, I am speaking of one friend in particular, but since I’m already irritated-) Just because you can’t maintain a stable, wonderful relationship, does not mean that you should try and sabotage someone else’s-Especially if they are a friend.
                Okay, so I’ll try an uplifting post since we seem to have not provided one in a week or so. (:
                -23

                13,
                I can’t believe summer is nearly over. It baffles me how fast it went. I experienced a lot, including finally finding what my career might be (spoilers). I also was hit on 6 times over the last 3 sunny months :) It was exhilarating and panic causing all at the same time! It never happens so this was a memorable summer. Thanks to this blog, I have somewhere to share these experiences. I’ll share the first time it happened, which was in Starbucks. I was ordering some complicated drink for a friend of mine and pronounced something badly because of his beautifulness. I’m not talking little slip-up, I mean it turned into a ‘asdfghjkl’ across my tongue kind of bad! In my embarrassment, I quickly said, “Oh f*** it. Give me a plain, simple Americano please!”  As soon as that left my mouth I probably turned a good shade of red. Surprisingly, the attractive barista laughed at me and said, “Don’t worry, I work here and I can’t even pronounce them that easy.”
               I giggled at that and ordered my own drink. He asked if I was from around here and I answered yes. He went to making my drink himself while another employee covered the register. He continued to chat with me about the woes of having complicated customers and their long explained “fru-fru drinks”, as I referred to them (he loved my vocabulary?). I quickly warmed up to him and how bashful he seemed. He finished my friend’s drink and took a little longer on mine. Once he topped the drinks, he pushed them towards me with a too long hand linger on where I was trying to put my own hand. I thanked him, left the cafe, and plopped into the chairs outside. I turned my cup over while conversing, and found messy sharpie writing on the side......wait for it.....it read, “For the anti-lingual beauty ;)” .........*covers face with anything in reach* I was flabbergasted! Never have I seen such a brave, yet gentlemanly act come to pass like that. Oh my goodness. Small to say it was something I’ll never forget. He certainly impressed me, and yes, I come back to that Starbucks all the time hoping to catch him on his shift :D I don’t even know his name, but, I’m imagining our marriage certificate now *dreamy look* *23 punches 13* Oh, yah *ahem* Sorry. So, in all my worries of turning boys away by my awkward nature, this uplifted my self-esteem quite a lot :) Sometimes it just takes the right color of paper to highlight the betterments of a certain color of crayon. He became the black paper to my white crayon is what I’m saying. Guys like that who push through the uncomfortable air and dive in to see your personality are gems. Anyone, as a matter of fact, that’s like that is.
                Maybe this is a bit off topic from 23’s awesome rant, but it’s a happy anecdote to those who know the balance between pursuing and stalking. It’s a book mark on a joyous moment in my life that I know can happen to anyone. It was just my time in this story though ;)

                Happy trails and best wishes to facing hot baristas (cuz I know your pain now),


                13

No comments:

Post a Comment

please appreciate our efforts to keep this blog clean and appropriate to the extent to two high schoolers can make it, considering the subject :)